[SOLVED] Looking for a graphic card

kiran59

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2015
I have zeb-g41-d3 motherboard and zeb-n450w psu. Can you suggest me any good graphics card for gaming at 720p.

Solution
Nope. You won't experience any huge performance drop in games.

PCI-E is backwards compatible, meaning even if your Motherboard supports gen 2.0, any gen 3.0 GPU will also work on that same board. There won't be any performance drop whatsoever (you won't even notice it while gaming). bandwidth drop is there, but it's not noticeable.

All PCI Express versions are backward and forward compatible, meaning no matter what version the PCIe card or your motherboard supports, they should work together, at least at a minimum level. One important thing to know, however, is that to get the increased bandwidth (which usually equates to the greatest performance), you'll want to choose the highest PCIe version that your motherboard...
First of all, please don't use that Zebronics PSU, no matter which card you install on this PC. Better change that for some other unit. It might also damage your other PC components, in the long run, let alone any GPU.

For 720P, low settings, I think the GT 1030 would be a suitable buy. And that, your budget is 7000 INR max, so any other mid-range or high-end GPU is out of question.

You can even buy the GTX 750 Ti, or the R7 360 within your budget. But MOST importantly, first change that PSU for some other high-quality decent power supply unit. Do not risk using any of these cards with that Zebronics PSU.

Anyways, here is the GT 1030 link:

https://mdcomputers.in/zotac-gt-1030-2gb-gddr5-zt-p10300a-10l.html

Nope. You won't experience any huge performance drop in games.

PCI-E is backwards compatible, meaning even if your Motherboard supports gen 2.0, any gen 3.0 GPU will also work on that same board. There won't be any performance drop whatsoever (you won't even notice it while gaming). bandwidth drop is there, but it's not noticeable.

All PCI Express versions are backward and forward compatible, meaning no matter what version the PCIe card or your motherboard supports, they should work together, at least at a minimum level. One important thing to know, however, is that to get the increased bandwidth (which usually equates to the greatest performance), you'll want to choose the highest PCIe version that your motherboard supports and choose the largest PCIe size that will fit.

For example, a PCIe 3.0 x16 video card will give you the greatest performance, but only if your motherboard also supports PCIe 3.0 and has a free PCIe x16 slot. If your motherboard only supports PCIe 2.0, the card will only work up to that supported speed (e.g., 64 Gbit/s in the x16 slot).

The only slight disadvantage is that it will only have the maximum bandwidth provided by the slot; i.e., if you install an x16 video card in an x4 slot, it will have only x4 bandwidth available.

To reach the maximum performance possible, both the expansion card and the PCI Express controller (available inside the CPU or inside the motherboard chipset, depending on your system) have to be of the same revision. If you have a PCI Express 2.0 video card and install it on a system with a PCI Express 3.0 controller, you will be limited to the PCI Express 2.0 bandwidth. The same video card installed on an old system with a PCI Express 1.0 controller will be limited to the PCI Express 1.0 bandwidth.

But never mind all this theory, just install any GPU on your current MOBO, and enjoy playing Games. There won't be any significant FPS loss.

Solution

Sagar_20

Distinguished
The 660's high power draw might kill your PC.

Also, you have not mentioned what cpu you have but I'm guessing that a used GTX 750 Ti will be the best possible upgrade.

This way, you will be able to have both under 7000.

Corsair / Cooler master 450W (new) + 2 GB GTX 750 Ti (used).