Looking for a heavy duty laser printer for office that doesnt need feeding with ink cartridges hourly!

Nov 15, 2018
We are probably an exception, but we printed about 5000 (Five Thousand) single side pages today at work with a Canon MF733CDW. But if you give it more than about 100 pages at a time it starts streaking colors down the pages, so you have to give it 100 pages to print then let it cool for a few minutes and hit print again. So it really never cools good between the print jobs, just a little.

Does anyone have an office printer they recommend with the capacity to print say 1000 pages in an hour?

Ideally its one that doesn't need someone standing next to it constantly feeding it paper or ink cartridges :)

Nov 15, 2018
And I should have stated that I had a Brother MFC-9340CDW before the Canon and it was way way worse than the Canon. The Brother needed intravenous ink cartridges !! (which weren't cheap)

Given the amount of printing you're doing, you really want to look at the business/enterprise level of printers. The models you've mentioned are more for small business/SoHo style printing. The Canon MF810Cdn may be worthwhile to look at at around the $900 mark, but for the abuse you're doing I'm betting you'll need to be looking at models in the $1000-$3000 range. You might want to give HP/Canon reps a call and see what they recommend for high volume printing.

It'd depend on the company but in general look at their "contact" page. Maybe see if they have specifically separated contacts for business class vs home/small office class support. They may have an entirely different web presence for their business/Enterprise class devices than their normal default webpage.

Canon for instance will prompt a couple of questions before giving you a contact
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus
with them I ended up with 1-800-OKCANON (1-800-652-2666) as a contact number and then a email form to fill out.

In general I'd look at Canon and HP as the first two, and then also look in to Brother, Epson, and Ricoh. Samsung business class I believe is a part of HP, but I could be wrong. When you contact them, they'll want to know about usage so know the employee count, connectivity to printer, networking setup (if applicable) and avg/expected daily print volume.

Good luck!