looking for a home cinema system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The Harman HKTS 16 is a speaker package and would require an additional AV receiver so it's not the same as the other two.
I would suggest that the Onkyo system makes more sense because it has an actual AVR. This means you can upgrade the speakers or the receiver when and if you want to. A separate bluray makes sense too.
The Sony is a HTS package and has no upgrade path. When the BD player or main unit breaks you can't even use the sub with an AVR because it doesn't have an amp built in. The specs don't mention if the built in blueray is 4k or HDR so it may already be obsolete,
The Harman HKTS 16 is a speaker package and would require an additional AV receiver so it's not the same as the other two.
I would suggest that the Onkyo system makes more sense because it has an actual AVR. This means you can upgrade the speakers or the receiver when and if you want to. A separate bluray makes sense too.
The Sony is a HTS package and has no upgrade path. When the BD player or main unit breaks you can't even use the sub with an AVR because it doesn't have an amp built in. The specs don't mention if the built in blueray is 4k or HDR so it may already be obsolete,

Solution
Jul 2, 2018

Hi! Thanks for yous answer. That helped me alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.