Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlyvirus

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hi! Just joined, looked around, found this chart thinger,

1.What is your budget?
800-1100 USD
2.What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Under 15"
3.What screen resolution do you want?
Don't care
4.Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable
5.How much battery life do you need?
I would prefer longer battery, maybe 3-6 hours?
6.Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Oh yeah! I just want it to handle Crysis on medium. I figure it can handle anything else
7.What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
puttering around on the net, itunes
8.How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
Already have a HDD
9.If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
nah
10.How long do you want to keep your laptop?
a while
11.What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
don't really need one
12.Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't care
13.What country do you live in?
USA

14.Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I was looking at the M11x, but from what I have read, you are trading performance for battery life. I like the fact that the M11X is so tiny, but if I can get a monster 15 incher for the same price with decent battery life, I would rather get that.

Thanks for any and all help

Tunafish

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
how about the following:
http://www.amazon.com/N61JQ-X1-16-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Laptop/dp/B00352LQZS

This is a really good laptop as you can play Crysis on High settings, it has high-end features, and costs only a 1000 bucks. Sure its not 15 inches or under, but it is really portable for it's class. From my experience, you wont miss the luxury of having a portable 13 incher. I HIGHLY recommend it.

If this doesn't suit you, your best bet is a VAIO CW. Happy hunting :D

Sure, you can go with HP, but from my experience, HP makes bad quality laptops.

But, yeah, the AW M11X is a great buy, and if you can play Crysis on it, what's the matter?

deadlyvirus

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I was just worried that the M11X's processor would hold it back, but I read that it can be OC'ed to 1.7x. It will be replacing a 1.86 GHz Core 2 laptop, so I figure it wont be too bad of a performance hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.