Looking for a laptop

Atyen

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
1. What is your budget?
Around 1000 USD.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6 inch.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p 60 Hz.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement laptop.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not really a concern. I'll mostly use it plugged in

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes
GTA V, CS:GO, CoD, etc.
Medium settings or higher.
At least 50 FPS.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Occasional photo and video editing/rendering. C/C++, Java, Python programming.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 1 TB. I can add an SSD later.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
amazon.in but not limited to it.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5-6 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not required.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference.

13. What country do you live in?
India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am a Computer Science Engineering student and I am in my second year. I have a PC with an i3 4160, 8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 Ti, 2 TB HDD + 250 SSD.
I need a laptop for college and I will be selling my PC for it.

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
I think you should consider the OMEN t15. For gaming purposes, it'll do all the games you want to play on high settings at 60 fps, your programming and photo/video editing will do great on this, it meets basically everything you want and more. its just under $1000 on hp.com also you can add a 144Hz monitor for an extra $70 and i would definitely recommend you doing that but its not needed

Atyen

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
I think you should consider the OMEN t15. For gaming purposes, it'll do all the games you want to play on high settings at 60 fps, your programming and photo/video editing will do great on this, it meets basically everything you want and more. its just under $1000 on hp.com also you can add a 144Hz monitor for an extra $70 and i would definitely recommend you doing that but its not needed
I like that laptop but in India it is over 80,000 Rs and my budget is under 70k. So I would appreciate it if you could recommend one thats a little less expensive.