Looking for a low price software

Bubbleman95

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
So guys im buying my pc tonight and i only have 20 pounds left :s, i really need windows vista as it seems impossible to get windows 7 for that much, i need it in the next 5 hours also it has to be 64 bit so it doesnt affect my ram memory

goodluck:) ( english )

Solution

That is not a valid, legal purchase. You are buying a broken Dell PC, and the software that theoretically went with it.
From the text at the bottom:

Microsoft Policy States:
"Large brand-name computer manufacturers, such as Dell and Compaq, often include OEM software on non-holographic “recovery” or “reinstallation” discs that show the manufacturer’s brand name. These software packages are typically marked with a phrase that states, for instance, “For...

USAFRet

Titan

That is not a valid, legal purchase. You are buying a broken Dell PC, and the software that theoretically went with it.
From the text at the bottom:

Microsoft Policy States:
"Large brand-name computer manufacturers, such as Dell and Compaq, often include OEM software on non-holographic “recovery” or “reinstallation” discs that show the manufacturer’s brand name. These software packages are typically marked with a phrase that states, for instance, “For Distribution with a new Dell PC only.” Recovery or reinstallation software is licensed only for distribution with new computers and can be redistributed only with the computer for which it was initially distributed. Distributing such software with individual PC hardware components (e.g. hard drive; RAM) does not comply with Microsoft’s OEM distribution requirements."

"In compliance with the above, we confirm that you will receive an original Microsoft Disc, and that the decommissioned PC is also included in this sale, however the Dell PC models vary and all are damaged beyond economic repair. Due to the size, weight and low value, PC's are only available by collection only. This item is also intended for use by OEM (original equipment manufacturers) and system builders. It is not intended for consumer use."

That activation key is liable to become invalid at any time. It is for installation on, and inclusion with, a new Dell PC.
You don't have a Dell, do you?

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

It's free. You don't have to buy it. I included the link in my other post. Download, burn to DVD, install.
However...it is Linux, not Windows. Your Windows games and applications will not install without serious work.

But it is free.

USAFRet

Titan

Minecraft apparently has pretty good Linux support http://www.faqforge.com/linux/install-minecraft-on-ubuntu-12-10-and-mint-14/

I've not looked into the others.

As said, though...Linux is completely different from Windows. There is a large learning curve.
And if your primary purpose is playing games, Linux may not be for you.