Looking for a mobo with dual CPU 1366 and 4 PCIe x16 slots

crash_stuff

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello,
as you can see from my subject I'm trying to build a supercomputer for simulations (heavy stuff from electromagnetic fields, to electric network simulations) pasting a dual i7 or xeon mobo (i.e. 1366 socket) with enough RAM (that is not a problem, starting from 24, to 32 and 64 GB), **but** with 4 PCIe 2.0 x16 to mount up to 4 NVIDIA GPUs. :bounce: [4 GPUs = 1000 processors! and enough bandwidth to keep them connected]
Asus has a nice P6T7 WS with only 1 CPU and RAM @ 1600 MHz ( :??: ) , TYAN has S7025 with two CPUs and RAM @ 1333 MHz ( :) ), both with >=4 PCIe x16 slots.
Has anyone further suggestions? I found anything better (if there is on earth!) going back and forth on the web.

Of course such a shack will ask for 1000 W and it is demanding on cooling too... but that can be managed with a server chassis and its power supply, provided that the fresh air flow is correctly directed to the GPUs and the fans are then correctly located. Hard disks also are not a major concern being able to choose the most suitable RAID configuration.

I will let you know in all cases ... thank you

bye
andrea

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Yep, beast of a mobo for a beast of a rig....