[SOLVED] Looking for a Monitor Recommendation (Gaming and Productivity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsilon97

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Hello all,

I am looking for a 27" or 32" monitor that I can use for both gaming and work. I will be connecting both my work laptop (Lenovo) and gaming laptop (Alienware 15"MR) to this monitor. I want something that will be good to play games on (e.g. Elder Scrolls Online, Civilization, no First Person Shooters). What would you recommend?

Thanks

Solution
Which models?

I looked at a lot of models. I personally wanted 144hz, amd free sync and Nivdia G sync, IPS (for photo edits). This monitor gave me that for 349+tax. That was the best I could find at the time that had good reviews. I saw some alienware monitors, but they were higher. Also you have to look it up to see who actually builds the display.

Now if you don't care about the IPS, you can save about 100 bucks by getting a good VA panel. The gigabyte monitors were like 275 (some very mixed/bad reviews on customer service), but that would be temping for me, if you didn't need the IPS panel.

It basically comes down to what you want. IF you want only 1080P monitor you could go with a 240hz.

So basically you have to pick...

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Which models?

I looked at a lot of models. I personally wanted 144hz, amd free sync and Nivdia G sync, IPS (for photo edits). This monitor gave me that for 349+tax. That was the best I could find at the time that had good reviews. I saw some alienware monitors, but they were higher. Also you have to look it up to see who actually builds the display.

Now if you don't care about the IPS, you can save about 100 bucks by getting a good VA panel. The gigabyte monitors were like 275 (some very mixed/bad reviews on customer service), but that would be temping for me, if you didn't need the IPS panel.

It basically comes down to what you want. IF you want only 1080P monitor you could go with a 240hz.

So basically you have to pick 144hz/165hz/240hz, TN, VA or IPS panels. Once you pick them, that will narrow the choices naturally for you. Don't forget to include budget.

I think 1440P is the best for gaming and "working".

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.