Looking for a monitor riser for my desk

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
I have a pair of Acer SA240Y monitors on my desk at work. I need to find a very cost effective way of raising them up about 10cm from desk level so they're closer to my natural eye level.
Ideally I either need a pair of small risers not more than 20cm deep x 50cm wide, or a singe large shelf-type riser of around 20cm deep by 80 - 120cm wide.

I had looked at something like this:
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/wall-shelves/ekby-alex-shelf-with-drawers-white-art-20192828/
Which would do the job nicely but at 29cm deep would take up too much room front-to-back.

I'm sure there must be a creative solution out there but I can't find anything that fits my very specific requirements at this stage. Ideally something where I can use the space beneath the monitors (drawers or shelves) but I'll consider anything at this stage.

I just wondered if anyone on here had any genius ideas?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Assuming that you're located in UK, see if this is available on your end. I'd fabricate the desired monitor stand from MDF or planks of wood, if I had access to a carpenter/tools/supplies.

Ideally you would want the lower portion of that monitor riser to host your keyboard when it's not in use since drawers will conflict with your natural order of work when you constantly need to forage for office supplies. Seeing how you're constrained for depth in your desk space, I'm assuming the keyboard is not on it's tray and resting on a desk in front of the monitor.

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
That looks like a great idea, I'll do some research into that one thanks. I'd love to build it but I don't have the time or space to do so unfortunately.

You've guessed right - my keyboard is flat on the desk. That in itself isn't a problem really, I just have to make best use of the rest of the space around.
Thanks for your help.