Looking for a monitor

Geekernatir

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
I am looking for a monitor for my newly upgraded gaming rig, I am running a R9 270X, so looking to run games at 1080p at 60Hz, my budget is around $150 - $175. I have been looking into monitors for a couple of days now and I am thinking that for casual gaming, nothing competitive, a response time of 8ms and below are fine, the specs I am not sure of are brightness and contrast ratio, but the current monitor I use is old and likely greatly outclassed by all new monitors, so I am likely not to know the difference between some of these specs. The main reason for this upgrade is so that I can look at scenes in games such as Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider and see some of those breath taking views in high quality.

So to summarise I am looking for a monitor that runs at 1080p, 60Hz preferably a response time at 8ms or below (flexible about this spec) and I know less about contrast ratio that a seal knows about quantum physics. I am also willing to sacrifice some features for a cheaper price as I am on a budget.

P.S. Something that matters to me is the look of the monitor, so something like the AOC I2367F catches my eye more than the Asus VS247HV for example.

Thanks
Geekernatir