Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Good day,

I am currently looking for a motherboard with a type c header. My case is the O11 Dynamic from Lian Li, and it has a type c port on the front panel. I wanna be able to utilize that feature so I'm looking for a motherboard with a type c header. The motherboard should be black, or it could be black with gray accents. AND....please exclude any ASUS MOTHERBOARDS. Why? I have had issues with their hardware for the past years, and now I am not really keen on their products. So any motherboard brand is fine as long as it is not from ASUS. And the Motherboard should be in ATX form factor. Budget is of no concern. Almost forgot, the motherboard should also support RYZEN 5000 SERIES CPU'S OUT OF THE BOX. Updating the BIOS is easy and I know how to do it, but I'm just too lazy and I don't wanna bother with the hassle lol.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Are you set on the last issue? Because for easy solutions, that would limit you to only motherboards that were released considerably after the initial summer 2000 flood. That'll leave a whole lot of very popular motherboards either disqualified or you needing to buy them in person to verify that they're made after 12/20 or 1/21 or so.

Solution

Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Good quality board with Type C header and ready for Ryzen 5000 as it was just released couple of months ago...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Motherboard | MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard | $259.99 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $259.99
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-23 01:52 EDT-0400 |

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-X570S-TOMAHAWK-MAX-WIFI/Overview
Hell yeah! Thanks for this! This is definitely perfect...and...it's an MSI motherboard, the brand I prefer.