Question Looking for a mousepad

Johnicc

Reputable
Jul 17, 2020
Hi there,
I recently started looking for a mousepad, but don't know how to choose one. I would like the bigger one, my desk is 700 mm x 300 mm, so anything a bit smaller would be great. The main question is, should I go for a cheap one of like Amazon, or should I look into some more expensive ones, their texture, thickness, etc.? In that case, how do I choose one? Should I look for some familiar brands or something else?
Thank you in advance.

I haven't used a mousepad since the friction mouse (ball mouse) was superceded by the optical mouse. My desk has a woodgrain pattern and every optical mouse I've had works perfectly on it, so the mousepad became obsolete too as far as I was concerned.

May be you want a mousepad for some other reason (eg one with an integrated wrist-rest) ?

Johnicc

Reputable
Jul 17, 2020
I haven't used a mousepad since the friction mouse (ball mouse) was superceded by the optical mouse. My desk has a woodgrain pattern and every optical mouse I've had works perfectly on it, so the mousepad became obsolete too as far as I was concerned.

May be you want a mousepad for some other reason (eg one with an integrated wrist-rest) ?
I want it just because of the feet. My desk is made of wood, it's pretty smooth, but the feet of my mouse get scratched a lot, when I use the mouse on the plain desk. Also a lot of crumbs, dirt, and other stuff gets caught in the mouse feet. So I think the mousepad would make the lifespan of my mouse feet longer.