[SOLVED] Looking for a multi-monitor Graphics card compatible with the MSI A88XM-E45 (MS 7721) motherboard ?

IntrepidBongos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Discovered through trial and error, and also reading a post here) that just because my AMD Radeon R7 200 series has three outputs, does not mean that it supports three monitors. So this leave me with a question: What graphics card can I get, that will support 3 monitors, that is compatible with my MSI A88XM-E45 (MS 7721) motherboard?

Thanks!
IB

Solution
If your GPU has three outputs, you probably just need an active adapter for one of them. DP, HDMI, and DVI, pick two. But if you get an active display adapter for the DVI port you should be able to run three displays. Something to look into rather than trying to find a GPU at the moment.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If your GPU has three outputs, you probably just need an active adapter for one of them. DP, HDMI, and DVI, pick two. But if you get an active display adapter for the DVI port you should be able to run three displays. Something to look into rather than trying to find a GPU at the moment.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
Most of the 200-series were two simultaneous outputs, so you are indeed stuck with two-out-of-three outputs with those.

If you have an FM2 APU and your motherboard lets you force the IGP enabled, then you could use the motherboard's DVI or HDMI port. Otherwise, your next cheapest option would be to toss whatever the cheapest GPU you can find in the bottom x16 slot as a secondary GPU if you cannot find a newer triple/quad-output card for a reasonable price to replace your R7-2xx with.