Looking for a new 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync Gaming Monitor.

eXidus

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I was thinking about buying the XB270HU monitor but after reading some reviews I'm concerned it's going to come with a lot of issues. Ghosting/Bleeding etc etc. Sure, this can happen with any monitor really but the reviews for this one are rather bad. A lot of people are reporting really bad back light bleeds.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should get for a gaming monitor. Looking for at least a 27" up to a 30". IPS G-Sync with a resolution of 2560x1440.

Willing to spend up to $1000 Canadian.

On that note, I have a GTX 780ti so it should be G-Sync supported, if that's how it even works.

Thanks for the help.

Solution
What kind of gaming do you do? I ask cuz a lot of people don't realize that they don't need the fastest monitor in order to be perfect. If you don't play shooters then you don't need G-Sync and the extra cost of 144Hz.

I, on the other hand, play 95% BF4 when I game so I need the speed, so I got the PG279Q. And I love it. Great choice for me based on my needs.

eXidus

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

So you have an XB270HU, It's the one I was thinking of getting. What are you thoughts on it? Any issues? It's a damn nice monitor. They just announced the XB271HU but I have no idea when it will be available.

XB270HU is good the XB271HU is only the revision.
Acer does have massive QC issues, you might have to go through several RMAs to get a fully working XB270HU.
I was among the very lucky buyers, who got a working monitor direct from the first box.
Several friends of mine went really through 3-4 RMAs for their monitors.
If you wanna buy it, get from a really trust worthy store, where you can simply do RMA without any difficulties or even contacting Acer directly.

What kind of gaming do you do? I ask cuz a lot of people don't realize that they don't need the fastest monitor in order to be perfect. If you don't play shooters then you don't need G-Sync and the extra cost of 144Hz.

I, on the other hand, play 95% BF4 when I game so I need the speed, so I got the PG279Q. And I love it. Great choice for me based on my needs.

Solution

eXidus

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

I honestly don't play many shooters unless you would count games like Smite or Fallout 4. What's making me want to buy the GSync is in Fallout 4 at the moment I have terrible screen tearing and I have to go into the .ini files to disable VSync in order to fix it. In fact, I get really bad screen tearing in almost all games I play it's just really noticeable in FO4.

I do play other fast pasted games though so it may matter, not 100% sure.

Is this the monitor you're referring to: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" WQHD G-SYNC 144Hz Gaming LED Monitor

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=075295

eXidus

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

If I do get it I'll be buying it from Canada Computer in my town here, so I'll be able to just take it back to them as long as I get a replacement warranty through the store when I buy it.

eXidus

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

It's cheaper without G-Sync yes, but that's one of the main reason I want a new monitor. To stop screen tearing, G-Sync will help with that. So sadly, I need to spend the extra money. I may just go with the XB270HU after all and take my changes on it. I'll just make sure to buy an in store warranty replacement plan.

Assuming you get a good panel, the XB270HU is a great monitor. By me it sells for $200 less than the PG279Q, so it was very tempting.

The 780ti should hit 60fps in lots of games, but if you want more you'll have to dial back settings. Or, maybe, one day you sell it and get the new 2016 Nvidia flagship GPU.....