Looking for a new card

snak3pit4

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
So I have a Compaq presario SR5550f still has the lame integrated video card, I've been browsing on newegg for something under the price of $120. I want it specifically for gaming, and one that doesn't need to hookup to my power supply.. that gives me headaches.. I know my way around the computer but that's too much for me to mess with.
Just wanted some advice from you guys, so much with all these cards needing to be compatible with motherboard etc. it's hard for me to find what will work with my computer. Any help would be great : ) And these PCIe 2.0 will run fine with my computer I think? anyways anything off here you guys would think be ok for what im working with?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000380048%201069633099&page=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
well what you definitely want is an ATI HD4770...thing is, they are crazy hard to find now since everyone and their mom wants one...next thing under that would be an ATI HD4670, which is considerably cheaper, but less powerful...what games are you planning on playing and what resolution are you going to be using?

snak3pit4

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Probably most games I can get my hands on, both COD, TF2, WoW, Battlefield, really any card I can get that will give me the best performance is a plus +.