[SOLVED] Looking for a new case

May 22, 2020
Hello, i current own a nzxt phantom 630 with the stock fans and i want to change it to a modern and efficient one( better airflow and silence).
My system is:
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600k with Noctua NH-D15 cooler
GPU: Gigabyte AMD RX 5700 XT gaming oc 8 Gb
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Z390 Plus Gaming Wifi
RAM: G-Skill Ripjwas V 16 Gb DDR4 3200
Psu: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W
Ssd: Crucial MX500 1 TB
Hdd: Western Digital 4 TB 7200RPM 3.5 drive + Western Digital 2 TB 7200RPM 3.5 drive
DVD: dvd recorder, if the new case does not support external drives, this is not an issue.

My cpu temps are around 40º and gpu 52º in idle and when i start gaming or using more resorces from the pc the temps easy go to cpu 50-60+ and gpu 70+, and gets realy loud, its a bit anoying.
I have some cases in mind like the:
Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2
Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
NZXT H710i
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2
Phanteks Eclipse P600S
Is it worthi it to change case or get a new setup of fans in this nzxt case that will improove the cooling and be more silent?
Witch one of there are the best option in terms of aiflow/silence, or are others that you recommend?
Sorry for my english, its not my native language and thanks for the help.

Solution
better airflow and silence
This, honestly, can be hard to achieve without spending lots of money, so I hope you're prepared for that possibility...

Using the chassis you have in mind:
Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2: the silence is definitely there, but at the cost of cooling efficiency - a normal occurrence for silence-advertised chassis. You will have to liquid cool either the cpu or gpu - perhaps both, if you want more reasonable temps.

Cooler Master H500M: one of the better chassis on your list, but expensive for what it offers over the more affordable H500P Mesh, and H500.

NZXT H710i: the 'i' models charge a premium for the included, and potentially useless, Smart Device. The cooling potential is there, but the...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
better airflow and silence
This, honestly, can be hard to achieve without spending lots of money, so I hope you're prepared for that possibility...

Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2: the silence is definitely there, but at the cost of cooling efficiency - a normal occurrence for silence-advertised chassis. You will have to liquid cool either the cpu or gpu - perhaps both, if you want more reasonable temps.

Cooler Master H500M: one of the better chassis on your list, but expensive for what it offers over the more affordable H500P Mesh, and H500.

NZXT H710i: the 'i' models charge a premium for the included, and potentially useless, Smart Device. The cooling potential is there, but the silence might not be, forcing you to go the liquid cooling route.

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2: I have this chassis, and it's sitting in my closet until I'm actually ready - if ever - to do a complete(cpu and gpu at least) liquid cooled setup. That's the purpose of this chassis - forget about it otherwise.
This thing looks so empty when it's not filled with radiators, pump and reservoirs, etc.

Phanteks Eclipse P600S: Possibly the best chassis on your list that can cover both your needs.

An option that should also be considered is to keep using your Phantom 630 and just replace the stock fans - which usually suck - with some Noctua, be quiet, or Noiseblocker fans.

Reactions: Estrombe
Solution
May 22, 2020

NZXT H710i: the 'i' models charge a premium for the included, and potentially useless, Smart Device. The cooling potential is there, but the silence might not be, forcing you to go the liquid cooling route.

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2: I have this chassis, and it's sitting in my closet until I'm actually ready - if ever - to do a complete(cpu and gpu at least) liquid cooled setup. That's the purpose of this chassis - forget about it otherwise.
This thing looks so empty when it's not filled with radiators, pump and reservoirs, etc.

Phanteks Eclipse P600S: Possibly the best chassis on your list that can cover both your needs.

An option that should also be considered is to keep using your Phantom 630 and just replace the stock fans - which usually suck - with some Noctua, be quiet, or Noiseblocker fans.

thanks for the answer. i did some research and there is no liquid cooler option for my gigabyte rx 5700 xt gaming oc and for the cpu cooler i have changed from a corsair Hydro series h90 to a nocyua nh-d15 and its a lot better.
my main concern is the noise that my current case makes and when it pulls more from the gpu the noise is so mutch anoyng. eaven in idle i can hear a bit. I was thinking in keep my case and get 2 new 140mm intake fans for the front, a 140mm exhaust new one to the back and a decent fan controler that i can connect to the motherboard and make the fan mannagement by its fan curve. with do you think is the best otpion, a new 200mm front and 140mm exhaust, 2 * 140mm front and 140mm exhaust or 3* 120mm front and a 140mm exhaust plus the fan control.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, that particular card uses a custom PCB, so a block for it is going to be harder to come by, or it may not be available yet.

Set a gpu fan curve if you haven't already; the default one tends to suck.

Since the chassis itself doesn't actually bother you, I vote to just change the fans.
I was thinking in keep my case and get 2 new 140mm intake fans for the front, a 140mm exhaust new one to the back and a decent fan controler that i can connect to the motherboard and make the fan mannagement by its fan curve.
I like this idea - of course, add a 140mm exhaust at the top too.
Or you could do 2x 140mm in the front, 1x 200mm up top, and a 140mm in the rear.
While 200mm fans are quiet, they make for terrible intake fans and are more useful as exhaust.

I currently use this fan controller: https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Universal-Fan-Controller-PH-PWHUB_02/dp/B07NHQRCRM

May 22, 2020
Yeah, that particular card uses a custom PCB, so a block for it is going to be harder to come by, or it may not be available yet.

Set a gpu fan curve if you haven't already; the default one tends to suck.

Since the chassis itself doesn't actually bother you, I vote to just change the fans.

I like this idea - of course, add a 140mm exhaust at the top too.
Or you could do 2x 140mm in the front, 1x 200mm up top, and a 140mm in the rear.
While 200mm fans are quiet, they make for terrible intake fans and are more useful as exhaust.

I currently use this fan controller: https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Universal-Fan-Controller-PH-PWHUB_02/dp/B07NHQRCRM

thanks for the reply, i have been doing some reseach and by sticking with the phantom case and get 3*140mm fans, a 200mm fan and the phanteks controller a i am going to spend around 135 €.
The Phanteks eclipse p600s, that feets all my stuf and my needs is only 13 € more expensive. Is it worth it changing the entire case, as the fans in the p600s are good enought, or should i buy a pahnteks fs200sp, 3 be quiet! silent wings3 and the controler at the total cost of 133.40€ and feet them into my phantom ?