Looking for a new CPU fan A6-5200 FT3

hazelnut880

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
Hello, everyone,

After several unsuccessful web searches and the purchase of an unfitting product, I'm asking for your help to figure out where I can buy a fan for my AMD A6-5200 CPU.

The socket is a FT3 type (BGA769). I found out on a website that I cannot upgrade the CPU because it is soldered to the motherboard, but this is not what I want to do. I just need to replace the fan which is making a horrible noise and often does not work when the computer starts (the screen often tells me the CPU fan was not detected).

I measured the original CPU fan : it is about 6x6cm and a little over 3 cm deep with the heat sink. I don't know if I need to include the heatsink size (I'll re-measure) because I hope it can be compatible with a new fan, but I cannot seem to find any fan matching my search anywhere. I already ordered an AMD compatible CPU fan which was twice as big and deep.

Here are more informations about my computer, and I took a picture, also.

AMD A6-5200 with Radeon TM Graphics 2.00 Ghz / RAM 4GB / Brand computer Hp 110-306nf

Picture: https://ibb.co/ekKtx5

Thank you very much for your help.

hazelnut880

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
Hello, everybody. I continued my web search on other retail sites and I found small black fans just like the one I have but on Ebay. The thing is I don't know if it is good to choose from this place and I'm surprised by the small cost. Also, some coolers are 12V and others 24V and I don't know which ones are best to pick.

Apart from that, I have nothing else to choose from because I found nothing else -- of a higher standard. My current fan is making so much noise I'm scared it will just die unexpectedly and I'll be in serious trouble to replace the part...

Thanks for your help.