Looking for a new monitor

LovekillerX

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Hello! I'm buying a new monitor. I'm looking for 27 inch 1440p 144hz monitor with a good panel.

Monitor would be used for gaming (MOBA, MMO, a little bit of FPS) and web browsing. Budget is below 800 euros. In addition I don't want to buy Korean monitors.

LovekillerX

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

I have checked that monitor and in my country it costs 800 euros. Wouldn't it be too much for a TN panel? Because from sales I could get Acer XB271HU with 840 euros.

But I question myself frequently: how much is too much for a monitor? I have tried to check sales etc. everyday but it has been a long time since high-end monitors have been on sale in my country.

Thoughts?

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Do you have an AMD or Nvidia GPU? I have 3 ASUS ROG PG278Q and absolutely love them. G-Sync is the main thing I fell in love with because screen tearing was driving me nuts. So I would recommend a G-Sync or Freesync (AMD) because this will allow frames to drop below 60 and still have a tear free smooth experience.

You could also look into the Acer Predator XB271HU which is an IPS panel 1440p 144Hz and shows for $750 on Newegg but is out of stock.
Dell also released a 27" IPS FreeSync panel recently but it's only 1080p 75Hz. But the MSRP is only $232, so would be great bang for you buck. The model # is SE2717H.

You are going to pay a lot for that 144Hz so unless you're playing a lot of competitive multiplayer fps I would take a look at the 60Hz offerings as well.

LovekillerX

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

I have GTX 770 so G-Sync would be awesome although it adds a lot to the price of monitors.

However, I was able to test Acer XB271HU at local store and it was amazing. However, price tag was 900 euros so that feels like it is too much although I have the money.

By the way can you give me your pros and cons of PG278Q. How are the colors for example? I have heard that for example human's skin color would look like it has got too much sun when watching movies or TV-series.