Looking for a new phone as my old Nexus has broken

SkateArc

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Hello Everyone,

My Nexus 5X after 4 months has died and the store i bought it from has given me a store credit so i am in the market for a new phone. i have been looking at the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium, Sony Xperia XZ and the LG V20 or LG G5. i dont want to spend over $1000 AUD and it must come from this store as i have a store credit.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/phones/android-phones/

Thank You For Your Help. :)

Solution
Of the phones on that list, the ones that I've had experience with are the GS5, GS6 Edge, and currently the GS7 Edge. The Galaxy S5 was a pain, always giving problems. The S6 didn't give me any problems at all, was always smooth, and is a very high quality phone overall. I know the S7 is over your budget but honestly, it just feels like a slightly improved version of the S6. I have no experience with those phones you're talking about, but since I have first-hand used the S6, I would recommend getting it but that's just me. Just look up tests and comparisons to see which phones that you're interested in are better.

bwinzey

Respectable
Jun 26, 2016
Of the phones on that list, the ones that I've had experience with are the GS5, GS6 Edge, and currently the GS7 Edge. The Galaxy S5 was a pain, always giving problems. The S6 didn't give me any problems at all, was always smooth, and is a very high quality phone overall. I know the S7 is over your budget but honestly, it just feels like a slightly improved version of the S6. I have no experience with those phones you're talking about, but since I have first-hand used the S6, I would recommend getting it but that's just me. Just look up tests and comparisons to see which phones that you're interested in are better.

Solution

SkateArc

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

Thanks, I was looking at the S7 because i know the store is doing Christmas and Boxing Day sales so i might wait till then to see if the S7 is priced less, Just a question is the only difference between the S7 and S7 Edge the display?