[SOLVED] Looking for a new PSU for a second-hand build [Budget: £45]

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021
Hi,

I'm looking for a new PSU for a second-hand build.

I plan to use the new build for University. So I was wondering if there are any PSU or brands that are known for high safety ratings but are still within my budget of £50 (UK). Details of new build are below.

CPU: i5-4430
GPU: GTX 1050
RAM: 16 GB

Thanks in advance!

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021
You could look into a Corsair CX550(grey label) unit, provided your case is atx. Make and model of your motherboard?
Current CPU is ATX (See link below)

Case and motherboard will be this:

Lutfij

Titan
The motherboard on that prebuilt has proprietary connectors;
H1f630482d8bf46f6871e9bcae44a1a1a2.png

You will need a harness like this;
https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Braided-Sleeved-Servers/dp/B01M2BKWIK
you will also need to spit the 4+4pin EPS connectors...or rather extend them to reach both the 4 pin connectors on the motherboard.

FYI, next time, mention the prebuilt. To the unsuspecting user, they might think that the board is what you can pick off the shelf. In reality, the board you're working with has proprietary connectors. Wire them up wrong or hook the wrong connector from the PSU and you can end up with a burnt board or an expensive paper weight of a system.

Last edited:

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021

you will also need to spit the 4+4pin EPS connectors...or rather extend them to reach both the 4 pin connectors on the motherboard.

FYI, next time, mention the prebuilt. To the unsuspecting user, they might think that the board is what you can pick off the shelf. In reality, the board you're working with has proprietary connectors. Wire them up or hook the wrong connector from the PSU and you can end up with a burnt board or an expensive paper weight of a system.

I see.
I remember having to buy one of those back when building my first PC second-hand as well.
I was thinking of copying how my current build's connection with new build because of how similar the board are to each other.

VERSION_1583

Commendable
May 7, 2021

FYI, next time, mention the prebuilt. To the unsuspecting user, they might think that the board is what you can pick off the shelf. In reality, the board you're working with has proprietary connectors. Wire them up wrong or hook the wrong connector from the PSU and you can end up with a burnt board or an expensive paper weight of a system.
For the EPS connector, how do you recommend approaching this motherboard?