Question Looking for a new SSD

Snickeldümper

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
Im looking for a new SSD for my computer. I'll be using it primarily to store my games, so it doesn't need to be too big, I'm mostly concerned for the speed. Right now I'm looking at the Samsung 860 Evo. Would you recommend something else? Also, (I'm sorry if this is a stupid question) would I have to reinstall windows 10 on this new SSD even though I'll only be storing games on it? I'd rather not spend more than the price of the Samsung 860 Evo unless absolutely necessary. Thank you!

popatim

Titan
Even if you don't migrate to a large SSD you may be able to move games over to it from the HDD.
Games that use launcher apps, Such as Steam and Origin, can be moved to the other drive fairly easily.
Let us know if you need help with doing that.

Snickeldümper

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
Is this a desktop or laptop?

Give a single 500GB current drive, your ideal path forward would be a 1TB SSD (860 EVO or MX500), and migrate the entirety of your current drive to this new SSD,
The OS and everything else.

This gives you both more speed and more space.

A 1TB Crucial will be a little over $100.
https://www.newegg.com/crucial-mx500-1tb/p/N82E16820156174
I think this is the approach I’ll take. I’ve noticed that 500gb doesn’t quite cut it. Thank you all for your help and I’ll make sure to ask you again if I encounter any problems.
Thank you

TRENDING THREADS