Looking for a non gaming pc

Sep 15, 2018
Hey, I do playback alot of security camera video and need some advice for a new desktop. My son suggested for the CPU Rysen 3 1300x and I just read the Tomahawk for the mb is a good pick.Vulcan 16gb ddr4 2400 memory, WD Green 240gb m.2-2280 ss hdd, GEforce GT 1030 2GB Video card,Consair VS 550W power supply. Am I on the right track here,any advice would be appreciated.

Solution
i'd add, if it's for video recording (as in camera's) and reviewing the footage, then getting a normal HD 1tb, would be much better than the SSD. The SSD is really a fast boot drive, and for the most part, builders would have the OS on the SSD (with some space to spare) and use a traditional 1tb HD 7200rpm for storage.

A SSD is nice for faster load times in gaming, and a snappier OS, but not much else. The standard HD would serve much better. You could prob get a 2tb unit for the same price as an SSD/
i'd add, if it's for video recording (as in camera's) and reviewing the footage, then getting a normal HD 1tb, would be much better than the SSD. The SSD is really a fast boot drive, and for the most part, builders would have the OS on the SSD (with some space to spare) and use a traditional 1tb HD 7200rpm for storage.

A SSD is nice for faster load times in gaming, and a snappier OS, but not much else. The standard HD would serve much better. You could prob get a 2tb unit for the same price as an SSD/

Solution