[SOLVED] Looking for a palit GTX 1070 8GB Jetstream waterblock, really struggling to find one???

Jul 26, 2020
So I have been looking all over the internet and I'm not entirely sure if it's down to my water cooling noobishness that I can't seem to find a compatible water block. I have the exact model number which is below.

NE51070015P2-1041J

The closest match I was able to find was this one here https://www.ekwb.com/news/new-ek-water-blocks-for-multiple-palit-and-gainward-graphics-cards/ but as you can see in the compatibility list there is a match but it includes a J on the end of it.

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 JetStream 8GB GDDR5 (NE51070015P2J)

My question here is this the correct model based on the model number as I have a hunch the J stands for the Jetstream model even though that's not what's listed on the GPU box.

Sorry if this is super basic this is my first-time water cooling and I want to get it right.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

Solution
NE51070015P2 is the product code for the Palit 8Gb gtx1070 series. The -1041J is the Jetstream model in that series, the -1043D is the Black Dual.

Both versions use a Custom pcb, so finding a gpu block is always problematic as companies won't tool up to mass produce a block unless it's a very popular seller/demand for the block. Reference blocks are easy to get as it's all the same pcb for multiple vendors and models.

That said, the gpu block that you linked linked the product code and description states the 1070 Jetstream, so I don't see any issue. But I would give EK a phone call and personally verify, because that's the only block I found for your card.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
NE51070015P2 is the product code for the Palit 8Gb gtx1070 series. The -1041J is the Jetstream model in that series, the -1043D is the Black Dual.

Both versions use a Custom pcb, so finding a gpu block is always problematic as companies won't tool up to mass produce a block unless it's a very popular seller/demand for the block. Reference blocks are easy to get as it's all the same pcb for multiple vendors and models.

That said, the gpu block that you linked linked the product code and description states the 1070 Jetstream, so I don't see any issue. But I would give EK a phone call and personally verify, because that's the only block I found for your card.

Solution
Jul 26, 2020
Thanks for the response yeah I noticed they had a customer support page which I sent the same message as above. But I think you are right I don't see why it wouldn't work.