Question looking for a pcei1 connector with hdmi/dvi

Aug 30, 2022
hi,
I want to have a 2nd monitor for my computer but my graphic card ports do not work.
This means that I only have 1 DVI port I can use.

When observing the inside of my pc I found there is an empty pcei1 on the motherboard I can connect ports to.
How can I find a pcei1 connector with an HDMI or DVI port I can use for 2nd monitor? Also, how do I tell if it is the right size?

Aug 30, 2022
PC Part Picker List - PCI-Ex1 graphic cards

What graphics card do you currently have installed? If it has multiple outputs, they should work.

-Wolf sends
hello
My current graphics card is Gigabyte GV-R939G1 GAMING-8GD. I made a post about it yesterday in the graphic card forum but have yet to get a solution.

Thank you for the website it seems useful. The RAM seems to be little, do you think it will be a problem for me as I multitask a lot? sorry but I am not very knowledgeable about this subject.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You should not be having any problems running multiple displays from that graphics card. Be sure you have the both PCI-E power connections from the PSU connected to the graphics card (PCI-E 6+2 and PCI-E 6 with the +2 left hanging).

Looking at your other thread I noted you have an Intel Core I7-6700 processor installed. If the card in question (or the power supply) is failing, then I would suggest that the on-board graphics of your processor would be sufficient for your secondary monitor. Connect your secondary display to the motherboard outputs. Boot into BIOS and look for a setting that enables the on-board graphics.

If you let me know the make and model number of the motherboard, I can probably find that setting in the user's manual.

-Wolf sends