[SOLVED] Looking for a PCIx USB Addon Card or a Quality HUB

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Hello and Happy new year everyone !!

I have a quick one here. I am looking for more USB ports.

I have a requirement, no molex power cable. I simply can't get one into the card without screwing up a look. I already tried several cards without molex and they're not working too well. I am talking about random disconnects and all sorts of errors and driver issues. I need a solid add-on card. I am not using 2.5 USB powered external drives that may cause problems because the device using too much power but I will use 4-5 devices like G910 keyboard that has LED lights on it, or EOS-R DSLR to move photos. Basically, I want something solid. I need around 5 USB 3.0 / 3.1 card

Right now I am using this card that I am semi-happy with
https://www.newegg.com/model-orico-pvu3-5o2i-pci-express-to-usb-3-0-card/p/14G-0001-00017

My second choice is a powered USB hub, too many choices. Maybe someone is using it with everything without a single problem and can recommend one I'll be grateful, I'll just connect it to my 3.1 USB header in the back and hope for the best.

Thank you guys !!!

Solution
And a Happy New Year to you too!

This is what I noticed in your sig space;
| MSI Z390 Godlike | i9 9900K @ 5.3 Ghz all cores | Samsung 970PRO Nvme 1TB | Samsung 850 Evo 2TB | Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB @ 3400 | RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | TT iRGB PLUS1250W PSU | View 71 RGB | TT 360 Premium AIO Cooler | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

If you still have the motherboard listed in your sig space, then the board can grant you access to 10 or more USB ports. I think you're better off getting an internal USB breakaway cable/bracket like this.

Lutfij

Titan
And a Happy New Year to you too!

This is what I noticed in your sig space;
| MSI Z390 Godlike | i9 9900K @ 5.3 Ghz all cores | Samsung 970PRO Nvme 1TB | Samsung 850 Evo 2TB | Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB @ 3400 | RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | TT iRGB PLUS1250W PSU | View 71 RGB | TT 360 Premium AIO Cooler | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

If you still have the motherboard listed in your sig space, then the board can grant you access to 10 or more USB ports. I think you're better off getting an internal USB breakaway cable/bracket like this.

Reactions: EmmaDobozi
Solution

TRENDING THREADS