Looking for a phone under £300

Solution
The ZTE Axon 7 and the OnePlus 3 are two very decent chinese phones, I bet you could get them for about 300 pound.They beat phones that are twice as expensive in certain aspects. I'd go for the OnePlus 3(personal opinion).

Rabmac

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
The Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 and the Vodafone Moto G are both excellent budget phones.

That being said a new thing I have noticed are the Chinese phones you can buy from Aliexpress.com. For a similar price you can get a top spec phone. For example the UMI Super 4G LTE 5.5 Inch Helio P10 MT6755 Octa Core Smartphone 4GB RAM 32GB ROM 4000mAh 1920*1080 5.0MP+13.0MP Android 6.0 is selling for about £150 and has everything you can think of.

My friend recently bought one and I was very impressed with it when he showed me it. Just wish I had known about it before I bought the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 lol.

I wouldnt personally buy a z3 or z5 compact.
They're truly great featured phones but the z3 suffers constant screen & glass back breakages from out of nowhere & the z5 suffers overheating.

On a premium performance level the one plus one is still hard to beat at £199 retail , the one plus 2 is good but not worth the £50 premium.

Out of the fairly budget Chinese brands , the ulefone power , oppo find ,& especially the huawei p8 are very very good phones.

The p8 is on a par with the oneplus
The ulefone & oppo are mtk octacore chipsets & while great for general use the msli GPU on them struggles with 3d gaming at 1080p.

The ulefone is incredible value for £130 though & has a 6amp battery that can last for 3-4 days (it also charges from flat in around 2 hours)

PlasmaShadow

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

I'm also looking to use google cardboard/play pokemongo so do those phones have gyroscopes?

Yvo

Reputable
May 21, 2015
The ZTE Axon 7 and the OnePlus 3 are two very decent chinese phones, I bet you could get them for about 300 pound.They beat phones that are twice as expensive in certain aspects. I'd go for the OnePlus 3(personal opinion).

Solution