Question looking for a psu for a dell 390 sff

Jul 27, 2021
I bought , what was listed on Amazon as a replacement psu for a dell390 small form factor. it was longer than the original, and I considered moving the hdd so it could fit, however the cable that had the 24 pin for the mobo, was only about an inch and a half to 2 inches long and nowhere near long enough to reach where I need to connect it, So I'll be sending it back. Where can I find one that will fit and have a long enough cable?

D

Deleted member 362816

Your old power supply should have a dell part number on it. Order the same part number as the old one and you should be fine.

Dell tags all power supplies with a number like this (3wn11) <--- random number for example.

Reactions: JerrywB
Jul 27, 2021
Your old power supply should have a dell part number on it. Order the same part number as the old one and you should be fine.

Dell tags all power supplies with a number like this (3wn11) <--- random number for example.
Thanks... I made the mistake of trusting the description saying the one I bought was for it and would work. I got the part number and searched and found another that hopefully will work. It looks smaller in the picture and it shows a longer 24 pin connector cable. Even one of the reviews says it has "nice long cables that allow you to use the original cable routing path." Guess I'll find out in a few days when it arrives. I feel so stupid for ordering the other one, but it was cheap and said it was for that computer.