Looking for a quality and budget Radeon HD 7870.

Royce18

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I'm looking for a Radeon HD 7870 and I can't find any cheaper than this one http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?id=430#Specification

Can you suggest brands with good quality with budget friendly price.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 6 months from now (all system specs and currently saving up money)

BUDGET RANGE: Under $230

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Games such as Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Need for Speed: Rivals, etc. at full settings)

SYSTEM SPECS:
AMD FX-6300
Asus M5A97 R2.0
Radeon HD 7870
G.skill RipjawsX 8GB
Seasonic M12II 620W 80+ Bronze
Cooler Master Elite 430
Asus 24D3ST Black 24x SATA
6x 120mm Cooling Fans

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: http://pcx.com.ph/ (I didn't picked the MoBo, PSU and case from this site. I just searched and asked for recommendation for what should I buy.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Philippines (Just give your recommended parts and I'll check and see if it's available here in Philippines)

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1360 x 768 (Maybe will be upgraded to 1920 x 1080)

Is there other GPU better than Radeon HD 7870 with the same-ish price?

Is my system specs are compatible with each other?

Please answer all my questions. It's my first time on building a gaming PC and came up with this system specs but I can't still find a good and budget Radeon HD 7870 or other better GPUs.

Thank you!

Solution
i love DC2 cooling, my 7870 with DC2 (ASUS DC2-V2) ive never seen temps over 63 degrees, and they are designed to run up to 80/90 (at 99% GPU load)

Royce18

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I see. Well, I'll pick Hawk then. But will my system build may subject to change? Because there will be new hardwares to be released in the next few months like StarBG said.

Royce18

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I read about its replacement. So, I have to pick R9 270X rather than HD 7870. Is the R9 270X compatible with my build?

I found an Asus R9 270X DirectCU II Top for $210.
-Is it really $210?
-How much is its minimum power requirement?
-Will it fit to my Cooler Master Elite 430?

Will there be replacement recommendations on my system build?

Royce18

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Newegg Gigabyte R9 270X price is the same $210 of Asus R9 270X DirectCU II Top while the Amazon price is $240.

Which is better? Gigabyte have three fans while DirectCU II Top has higher engine clock speed.

Just being curious, what is the difference between base and boost clock? Do I have to overclock to achieve the boost clock or not?

my powercolor works great way better then the 2 sapphire it replaced. got one sapp 7770 it looked like an referb. new out of the box and just was bad. and then i got a 6850 sapp. that worked but never got any proformance out of it just felt lowend. so i found this 7850 powercolor on sale at the egg and it nice does all i ask of it. plain and simple easy to install autodetects my games at high were the sapphire,s only did low. i cant complane good work powercolor.

StarBG

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
You dont have to overclock yourself, the boost will active itself and the MHz will go to that value but the Asus card cant hold its boost under load. Base clock is what the card is running all the time. The Gigabyte card can hold its boost and the quality is good while the Asus card is also good but the boost dont work like it should. The fastest card from all is the Sapphire Toxic which is $240 and it has very good quality components but it depends if you want to pay more for it. The His ICEQ x² turbo is also a very good card for around $200. Do you plan to overclock the GPU later?

Royce18

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I'll go for the Gigabyte R9 270X OC then. As what you've said, it can hold its boost and the quality is good.

I don't have any idea about overclocking, yet I might overclock later if I learned and really know about it.