looking for a router to cater for 200 concurrent users

nicefellow

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Dear All
Thank you for looking into my case.
I have a network with wireless APs. the APs are from Ubiqiti, model is UniFi AP-LR.
i am having trouble where i need to restart the router every time there is around 200 connections so the network can start working again( normally there are about 50 wired connections and the rest are wireless connections) . My thoughts is that the router needs replacement,
we already have cisco switches and firewalls installed.
can anyone suggest a model that can handle this load.

Thank you

Solution
I would get a wired only router. You have APs for WIFI. Don't confuse them by adding a "rogue" WIFI source. Since you have Ubiquiti APs, why wouldn't you get an Edgerouter and take advantage of the synergy?

nicefellow

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009

The router is D-Link DIR-850L, which was given by the telecommunication company, and, i dont have logging details.
i was thinking of an AC1900 cisco router but i did not find that would be enough.

thanks for your response

I agree with kane on the edgerouter. That's a good first step.

150 users on the wifi might be an issue as well. Make sure they are properly spaced. It's better to have a larger number of units that don't broadcast as far then a few that broadcast far. You might want to run tests on the wifi bands to see if they are congested.

nicefellow

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009

thanks for the suggestion, the Edgerouter could be an option, but, i dont have an option for the wifi. it has to be this way since the people to be connected will not have a wired connection.
this looks like a wired only router
Any advices