Looking for a Router with a STRONG FIREWALL!

A couple of months ago, I was surfing some websites where I didn't belong (pron). Last week my Malwarebytes subscription expired and I bought a new subscription to BitDefender, but like a DA, I didn't install it right away.
So, this week I start getting all kinds of error messages in Firefox about how almost every site that I go to has a problem with its Security Certificates. I also got a couple of threatening emails and a phone call from Bucharest (which I let go to voicemail) that asked me in a very thick east European accent "If I needed any help to just call him back." (Right!)
My ISP is Comcast and I think that my D/L speeds are supposed to be 150 Mb/sec. I am currently using an ARRIS Surfboard Model SBG6700-AC Modem, Wi-Fi Router:http://
On the other end, I am using the onboard Realtek network chip #8111E Gigabit Network Chip.

So, can anybody recommend a good router with a strong firewall? Should I get rid of the Arris Surfboard altogether? I guess that the WiFi in it is not even safe, is it?

It's been a while since I've logged on here. If the preview is correct, all of my old Sig info is gone.
I have an MSI Z87-G43 MB with an Intel 1150 7 series CPU. I can't tell exactly because, like I said, Firefox is all screwed up.

Thanks in advance,
Y0GI

Solution
Firewalls generally only prevent staff that is unasked for from coming in.

Stuff that you request, like that website and its payload, gets let right on through.
Well, I have switched over to IE (from Firefox) and installed the BitDefender Premium VPN (for what that's worth?) in addition to the previously mentioned BitDefender Total Security 2019 . So far, so good, since the changes. Response is a little slow sometimes, but I have not received anymore threatening phone calls from Romania.

So, I went looking for my back-ups. I found a CD labeled "Win 7 Sys Repair Boot Disk: 11-4-2017."
On my spare 1 TB spinning Seagate HDD, I found a folder with my computer's name, followed by a subfolder named "Backup Set 2017-11-04 145733"
Followed by another subfolder "Backup Files 2017-11-04 etc"
and subfolder "Catalogs"
which contains Backup files 1.zip thru 95.zip.

So, since this Backup is "ONLY" one year old, would this be a "reasonably safe candidate" to restore my system? The only other choice would be a complete reinstall of Win 7 and all of my programs, which I REALLY DREAD!

Thoughts?

Yogi

USAFRet

Titan

Year old backup? All up to you.

I'd recover this to a whole different drive, first, to test its viability. If 35.zip was corrupt, for instance...you'd be hosed.

Good point, Mr USAFRet!
My 1 TB Seagate is 5 or 6 years old but still running fine. It gets a 100% score on Hard Disk Sentinel at every boot up.

I've been away from Tom's HW for about 4 yrs now, so I'm not too familiar with today's HW. I don't have any spare HDDs laying around, except for a couple of OCZ SSDs that are incompatible with my mobo chipset. Should I just buy another 1 TB Seagate, or what would you recommend?

Thanks very much for your help and guidance!

Y0GI

OK. I do have a 1 TB External USB HDD which I forgot to mention. I have been backing up to it (sometimes) mostly by copying and pasting important files, such as outlook.pst. Not a good practice at all, I know.

It's getting late and I need to take my meds and get something to eat. I'll study your method tomorrow and go from there.

Thank you once again, Sir!

Y0GI

OK, If I could please bother you one more time, Mr. USAFRet?
I tried posting a pic, but I guess that I need a 3rd party hosting site? I used to use Photobucket but they outlawed 3rd party referrals.

Anyway, my question has to do with the "System Reserved Partition." I thought that it was supposed to be on the same drive as the C: partition, which in my case is the Samsung SSD. However, it is not. It is on a 100 MB "K:" Partition on my 1 TB spinning Seagate HDD.
Is this OK?

I have decided to pull an "Evel Knievel Move" first and try that year old backup. If it doesn't work, so what? I'll just reformat and do a fresh install, right?
Meanwhile, I'm gonna pick out some cloud storage and start a real B/U program like yours!

Y0GI

USAFRet

Titan

Ulttimate test:
Power off
Disconnect ALL drives except what you think it should be booting from. The SSD?
Power up

Does it boot up?
If so, then you can wipe out anything on any other drive.

If it fails, then you have issues.

For posting pics here, I use imgur.com.

USAFRet

Titan

How large?
How much space do you need?

My system is around 2.5TB total drive space. Per my linked procedures, 2 weeks of backups consumes ~3TB space on my NAS.