Looking for a Silent Mid Tower Case.

gabrielkipp77

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Hey guys. Only recently i purchased a CM690II Advanced, but i'm fed up with the amount of noise im hearing. Im a sucker for silence!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here would have any suggestions of a Mid tower case that is quite / silent. But not too much loss of airflow if possible.

I've taken interest in the 550D by Corsair.

Thanks Guys!

ill be using a ATX motherboard.

I think it's a good case my cousin has it.He really likes it.I don't think you will any problem with that case. there are many options for cooling such as 4x120mm intake fans w filters on the front,intake 120 mm on the bottom. 2x120mm on the side .you can add filters.240mm space on top. I don't know what kind of quietness your looking for if it's silence, that's not the case for you i would say it's relatively quiet/not loud.

gabrielkipp77

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Well yeah, I want a case that would be noticeably quiet. I understand it wont be SILENT. I wont have any side fans if i get the 550D due to desk limitations. I will have a intake on the front, and exhaust (Antec Kuhler 620) on the back. Does that sound alright?

OT: I will be transferring my components from one case to another, including my Antec Kuhler 620, therefore i have to clean both the CPU and CPU Block with alcohol and re apply thermal paste. Is it recommended i use just a pea drop size and let it spread naturally?

Thanks!

Sounds good.As far as the thermal paste goes yes clean the item that you are using the thermal paste on. Wiping the surface lightly with a cotton ball or cotton swab dampened with Isopropyl Alcohol. The higher the percentage of alcohol the better. 70 percent is good but 90 percent is better if it can be found.Looking around the internet, you’ll find a lot of different philosophies about how to apply thermal paste. Some people say you should apply it in a dot size, some a pea, some a line, some two lines, some an “X,” and so on. Truth is, all you’re trying to do when applying thermal paste is to get a paper-thin layer of the stuff over as much of your CPU as possible.