Looking for a single din stereo with the best sound quality and speakers to go with it.

CarmineShots

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
I've been thinking about getting the Pioneer deh-80prs as I heard it has really good sound quality out of the box and probably then some once you tweak it. But decided to ask here to see if anyone knows of something just as good for less or better around the same price ($270). It has to have Bluetooth and aux/usb are preferred but can do without. I'll most likely get an amp down the line too.

As for speakers, something, punchy, clean, "full" and good for bass heavy music (if those characteristics even make sense for speakers lol) but not so much that it will drown out other sounds or muddy them. Around $300-$400 for them at most. I'll be getting sub-woofers later on too.

I have little to no knowledge about sound systems and what not but would appreciate advice and criticisms about the topic. I also don't know if the car year/model even matters for size or what ever but just in case, it's an 1988 Nissan 300zx.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You might like the Alpine Type-R speakers. I've used the Type-S in two of my vehicles but the R's are for a more punchy bass. The size of the speakers depends on the car. Rear speakers are commonly 6x9 whereas the front door speakers can be various sizes from 4-6".

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
You might like the Alpine Type-R speakers. I've used the Type-S in two of my vehicles but the R's are for a more punchy bass. The size of the speakers depends on the car. Rear speakers are commonly 6x9 whereas the front door speakers can be various sizes from 4-6".

Solution