[SOLVED] Looking for a solid USB Flash drive, need suggestions

Krausman

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019
So i'm going on deployment here in about a month and i need a large USB flash drive to hold tons of movies on it so i can watch them while im on ship. Any suggestions of a large USB flash drive that will be able to hold at-least 20+ movies?

Dom46

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
How many movies a drive will hold depends on the size of the drive and the size of the movies.

I just installed an Samsung Evo 860 SSD drive in a USB enclosure. Now I have 1 TB of portable storage.

Reactions: Krausman

Krausman

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019
How many movies a drive will hold depends on the size of the drive and the size of the movies.

I just installed an Samsung Evo 860 SSD drive in a USB enclosure. Now I have 1 TB of portable storage.
I could but im just looking for a USB not a full on SSD because those can get expensive hahah.

USAFRet

Titan
Here, an external SSD is neither warranted or needed.

A flash drive is smaller, cheaper, more universally connectible.
2 of them (or 3), because a single drive would get lost, corrupted, broken.

When a shipmate wants to borrow your drive so that he can watch movies while you are on duty...and she breaks it or loses it...that's where the spare copy comes in.

And a movie or your music playlist does not play any faster if it lives on a SSD.

Krausman

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019
Here, an external SSD is neither warranted or needed.

A flash drive is smaller, cheaper, more universally connectible.
2 of them (or 3), because a single drive would get lost, corrupted, broken.

When a shipmate wants to borrow your drive so that he can watch movies while you are on duty...and she breaks it or loses it...that's where the spare copy comes in.

And a movie or your music playlist does not play any faster if it lives on a SSD.
Appreciate the advice! My whole squad wants me to be the guy for downloading the movies and copying them on the flash drive. I recommenced them the flash drive you guys gave me. Marines in my MOS aren't to tech savy haha

USAFRet

Titan
Appreciate the advice! My whole squad wants me to be the guy for downloading the movies and copying them on the flash drive. I recommenced them the flash drive you guys gave me. Marines in my MOS aren't to tech savy haha
If for your whole squad, share the $$$, and buy several of these.
You do the brainwork of setting it up...they provide the funds to make it happen...;)

Krausman

Commendable
Jul 15, 2019
If for your whole squad, share the $$$, and buy several of these.
You do the brainwork of setting it up...they provide the funds to make it happen...;)
Trust me i'm not gonna be buying there drives for them! But that would actually be hilarious, a charging fee for each movie.