[SOLVED] Looking for a specific motherboard.

Jul 28, 2019
I’m looking for a motherboard that has AM3+ with support for the FX-4300, and also has 4 Slots DDR3 RAM.

I’m kind of a newbie when it comes to motherboards, but I’m pretty sure a lot of them can’t fit in specific cases. I’m looking for one that can fit in the HPE-112Y Elite chassis case. Couldn’t find the specific dimensions of it.

Nothing too expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
According to HP, the motherboard that comes in that tower is Micro-ATX, so a replacement must also be micro atx.
Also, the stock motherboard seems to use a standard 24 pin and 4 pin so the factory power supply will also be compatable with most replacement boards.

Here is a replacement:
ASUS M5A78L-M Plus/USB3
$64.99

This supports 4 sticks of ram and the FX4300. It is M-ATX so it will fit.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FN9QT34/?tag=pcpapi-20

This board also supports onboard graphics in case you do not have discrete graphics.
According to HP, the motherboard that comes in that tower is Micro-ATX, so a replacement must also be micro atx.
Also, the stock motherboard seems to use a standard 24 pin and 4 pin so the factory power supply will also be compatable with most replacement boards.

Here is a replacement:
ASUS M5A78L-M Plus/USB3
$64.99

This board also supports onboard graphics in case you do not have discrete graphics.

Solution
Jul 28, 2019

Here is a replacement:
ASUS M5A78L-M Plus/USB3
$64.99

Thank you!

Jul 28, 2019
Not a tech wiz, but yeah it’s a Foxconn AM3 board for sure, not sure what “front panel connectors” are though. Like the panel on the chassis that lifts up to reveal USB/Audio/Microphone ports? If so yeah.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, The cables and their connectors that come from the devices on the front panel (bezel) of the case.

Besides the 4 DIMM slots, did you want the board to be suitable for overclocking? Need any other 'specialties'?
My other question is... was your old board dead? It seems you are looking for an exact replacement.

Jul 28, 2019
Yes, The cables and their connectors that come from the devices on the front panel (bezel) of the case.

Besides the 4 DIMM slots, did you want the board to be suitable for overclocking? Need any other 'specialties'?
My other question is... was your old board dead? It seems you are looking for an exact replacement.

My old cpu. Cooked, and since it was old (2.8ghz Phenom) I was just going to get a new one!