[SOLVED] Looking for a specific PC build

Aug 6, 2020
So I’m looking for a gaming pc that will run ps2 emulation flawlessly while being recorded with an elgato. The laptop I use now always buffers and lags whenever I attempt to record while playing. I need to be able to record the game without lag, as well as play over parsec (my internet is good so connection isn’t a reason for lag, it’s the gameplay.) I’d also like to stream on twitch with OBS but that’s later down the line. I’m just looking for a gaming pc desktop that will flawlessly run ps2 emulation while being recorded and with parsec running. Thanks.

Solution
As @Jmi20 said above, this use case doesn't need a lot of horsepower.
For streaming while doing this, you'd be fine with a used configuration with some lower-mid-tier GPU. Anything with a 2nd generation or higher i5 processor and a video card on the performance level of a GTX 1050 would do good enough.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Ps2 emulation? PCSX2?

Can’t comment on video capture/streaming, but...

I’m using PCSX2 on a spare optiplex 745 with a Q6600, and GTX 750ti.

I get a stable 60fps 99% of the time, thats with 3x GS upscale, 16x anisotropic, fxaa, no speed hacks...

Just shows that it doesn’t really take much to run it.

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
As @Jmi20 said above, this use case doesn't need a lot of horsepower.
For streaming while doing this, you'd be fine with a used configuration with some lower-mid-tier GPU. Anything with a 2nd generation or higher i5 processor and a video card on the performance level of a GTX 1050 would do good enough.

Solution