Looking for a USB DVD drive to install motherboard drivers with

nathan9022

Honorable
Aug 27, 2016
Hi can anyone reccomend a USB DVD drive £15 max which will do the job of installing motherboard drivers. I've read that people have used this method and the disk can't be read not too familiar with DVD drives etc any recommendations? Thanks

Solution
Either way is fine, but actually it's best to use the DVD first, as they are designed for your board's BIOS version etc, but they will update as soon as you get online anyway. Using the website ones is usually fine.

And yes just download the driver files using a different PC (you only need to get the LAN internet one) then download and install the rest on your new PC.

nathan9022

Honorable
Aug 27, 2016

Thanks for replying and how do I do that? On another PC?

nathan9022

Honorable
Aug 27, 2016

Also I heard sometimes the drivers on the disk are old and it's better to go to the motherboard website and download the latest drivers?

Either way is fine, but actually it's best to use the DVD first, as they are designed for your board's BIOS version etc, but they will update as soon as you get online anyway. Using the website ones is usually fine.

And yes just download the driver files using a different PC (you only need to get the LAN internet one) then download and install the rest on your new PC.

Solution

nathan9022

Honorable
Aug 27, 2016

Thanks for your help :)