Question Looking for a very specific display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobblz

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Hey there, just bought built a new PC and I'm looking to also upgrade my display. I've two 27" Dell monitors that I'll continue using on the side but I need a new main display.

I'm absolutely shellshocked by the amount of options on the market right now and although I have a very specific set of criteria I still can't make the final decision with confidence.

I'm looking for a mid-tier:
  • 27 or 32" inch, at most
  • 1440p
  • Flat, that's a must
  • Decent refresh and response rate, suitable for casual gaming, say 144Hz+
  • I'll also be using this screen for design work, so colour should be accurate, again nothing super professional but I've seen a lot of monitors that don't even support sRGB
  • It would be awesome if the monitor had HDR or a greater than average IPS contrast, brightness isn't a concern really
  • I don't need any extras from the monitor, like speakers or fancy design features
My budget is fairly flexible but ideally I'd be willing to shell something like 300-600 Euro. Previously I was very close to ordering the LG 27GN880-B (love the Ergo stand) but I'm not sure if that's the best price-to-performance option.

Thanks for your help. Appreciated.

Last edited:

Wobblz

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Thanks, it hasn't occurred to me to use PCPartPicker. I'm in Bulgaria, sadly one of the smallest markets in Europe, so prices won't be aggregated but this is still very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.