Looking for a way to run 2 monitors and 1 VR headset using only 2 hdmi ports

carlosgl938

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
I currently own an IBuyPower Snowblind PC that has a 1080ti with only 2 hdmi ports. The snowblind case has a built in "monitor" that acts as a second display that runs from a dvi cable to hdmi. My main monitor runs of a normal hdmi to hdmi setup. I recently received an oculus and each time I wish to set it up I need to disconnect my Snowblind "Monitor" and plug in the hdmi from the headset. Is there any way I can run my monitor and side monitor of one hdmi port and have the left over hdmi port for an extension hdmi cable that I could use for easy access for the oculus? I know a splitter wont work since it will just copy the displays. If anyone has any solutions I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you!

Solution

Are you sure? I've never heard of a 1080 Ti that only had 2 HDMI ports and nothing else.

Can you use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter for your monitor?

carlosgl938

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

carlosgl938

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
I feel really stupid. I've been confusing display ports and HDMI this entire time. I just recently got more into the PC world so i'm still learning a bit. It turns out that my graphics card actually has 3 DisplayPorts and 1 HDMI. So i'm sorry i wasted your time but i appreciate the help.

No problem :)