Looking for a Windows 10 Compatible Internet Card

Undie007

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
I currently have a TP-Link 4800 something... But its a pain in the arse. I've downloaded driver to make it "compatible" with windows 10, however, when streaming or play FPS games I will disconnect from the internet upto every 30 seconds. Is there an internet card that IS supported by its manufacturer to work with windows 10? Guess this is karma for not doing my research before purchasing... thank you for your time.

Solution
Technically any new internet card on the market should have drivers readily compatible with Windows 10. The issue with Windows 10 is that the OS sees an update more often then not and it also updates drivers it thinks is best for your system regardless of how optimally your system may be in at the time of writing/researching.

Is this the card you're working with? If so then the drivers for the device go only up to Windows 8.1 and not Windows 10. For this case, you might want to try out compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab> Windows 7/8 [from the drop down menu]
and see if the issue is averted.

It's also good practice to see if your motherboard BIOS is up to date.

Lutfij

Titan
Technically any new internet card on the market should have drivers readily compatible with Windows 10. The issue with Windows 10 is that the OS sees an update more often then not and it also updates drivers it thinks is best for your system regardless of how optimally your system may be in at the time of writing/researching.

Is this the card you're working with? If so then the drivers for the device go only up to Windows 8.1 and not Windows 10. For this case, you might want to try out compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab> Windows 7/8 [from the drop down menu]
and see if the issue is averted.

It's also good practice to see if your motherboard BIOS is up to date.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS