Looking for a wireless and bluetooth pcie card

batatalekker

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
I'm moving to a new room and there is no way that the running of an ethernet connection is possible to my room so I have to add a wireless pci e card and why not one with bluetooth at the same time. Just want to know what the recommendations are. Max budget is around 80 euros.

Solution
I stopped using PCI / PCIe cards for network a while ago in favor of USB network cards. Easier to use a short USB extension cord to put the USB adapters in a spot for good reception then to buy reverse-SMA antennas for the PCI cards, and the install is much easier.

Make sure and then double check again that the card you buy works well with windows 10. Many win7 cards have problems with win10. (note, some of the usb sticks I stopped using e.g. netgear wnda3100 and linksys wusb6300 that did not work at first now work acceptably on both 2.4 and 5ghz bands, so people are moving forward with drivers for older network gear, just slowly.)

for pcie card you wanted, here's one...
I stopped using PCI / PCIe cards for network a while ago in favor of USB network cards. Easier to use a short USB extension cord to put the USB adapters in a spot for good reception then to buy reverse-SMA antennas for the PCI cards, and the install is much easier.

Make sure and then double check again that the card you buy works well with windows 10. Many win7 cards have problems with win10. (note, some of the usb sticks I stopped using e.g. netgear wnda3100 and linksys wusb6300 that did not work at first now work acceptably on both 2.4 and 5ghz bands, so people are moving forward with drivers for older network gear, just slowly.)

for pcie card you wanted, here's one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16833320293 A review reported "While this card was stable and fast, it prevented my PC from staying asleep. It would enter sleep mode and re-wake 2-3 sec later. I went through all the proper steps like Powercfg & Device Manager, making sure nothing was selected that would keep it awake. I even tried installing the drivers off the included CD, but to no avail.

I then tried unplugging the card, and the PC entered sleep mode just fine." and ASUS answered " please uninstall the driver on your PC and please download/install the latest driver from our support website updated last 08/02/2016. Gives you an idea the drivers for win10 are just firming up. https://www.amazon.com/802-11ac-Wireless-AC1200-Bluetooth-Adapter-PCE-AC55BT/dp/B01FL6SY5A/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471221704&sr=1-1&keywords=ASUS+PCE-AC55BT#customerReviews

Solution