looking for advice on animation vfx cg specifications hardware

nishicant

Commendable
Aug 18, 2018
i want a pc for animation, vfx, cg modelling & rendering, video editing etc. i've finalized the following specifications-
processor: amd ryzen 2700x (8 cores)
motherboard: asus prime x470 pro
graphics card: zotac blower geforce gtx 1080 ti (8 gb)
ram: Corsair 32 gb ddr4 (16x2)
ssd: samsung 500 gb
hdd: wd 2 tb
monitor: 4k uhd

i've following questions-
1. any suggestions/alternatives regarding above specs?
2. what are required psu specs?
3. what are required ups specs?
4. what cabinet and liquid cooling is suitable?

Solution
Ram = get a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel kit. It'll benefit your platform.

PSU = a reliably built 650W unit that has high efficiency rating since rendering will entails your system runs for long hours. I'm also gauging that this system will be a bread earner, am I right? If so then your return on investments need to be factored and every bit of performance needs to be added/squeezed from it.

You need to list your proposed specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

On another note, it'd be a good idea to list all the app's/software you're going to tax yourprofessional build.

Where are you located, how much are you willing to shell on the system and what is your preferred site of purchase?

Lutfij

Titan
Ram = get a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel kit. It'll benefit your platform.

PSU = a reliably built 650W unit that has high efficiency rating since rendering will entails your system runs for long hours. I'm also gauging that this system will be a bread earner, am I right? If so then your return on investments need to be factored and every bit of performance needs to be added/squeezed from it.

You need to list your proposed specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

On another note, it'd be a good idea to list all the app's/software you're going to tax yourprofessional build.

Where are you located, how much are you willing to shell on the system and what is your preferred site of purchase?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS