[SOLVED] Looking for advice on selecting some final computer parts. (First time Builder)

Jan 24, 2019
Thought I'd try and see if anyone can give me some advice on selecting a Graphics card and a Processor. For starters, I will list my current set of already purchased parts.

Computer case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X; clear finish and tempered glass panels.
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 watt G3 gold power supply
Fan: EVGA Closed Loop CPU Cooler (purchase came with an EVGA CLC Tuner for free
2 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8 (16GB) 32GB in total.
3TB Samsung SSD V-NAND SSD 860 EVO SATA 6 Gb/s
1 256GB Samsung SSD V-Nand SSD 860 PRO SATA 6 Gb/s
And a Pioneer Internal Blu-Ray Burner BDR-2209

Goal: to have a computer that is "Beast" enough to be able to provide the necessary "oomph" for Triple-A games, MMORPGs, (Anime, cartoons, all generations of movies) and other such activities generally at the same time on multiple monitors with premium specs.

My dream setup (which I do not have yet) is to have this beast of a computer,
with 3 monitors in a "U" shape mounted position starting with the Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49-Inch Gaming Monitor QLED. and 2 not yet picked gaming monitors to sit above this massive screen. With a mounted set up either to the left or right which would be an arm attached to a drawing tablet which I could then almost do a 360 spin (I'm not the best at drawing but it's still a satisfying activity to do.

Ultimately I do want to have a Vr setup one day, and dream of having multiple consoles along with the PC set up to some of the monitors (PS4 Xbox, Switch) And old consoles to be switched in and out (super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube etc.)

Repeating the advice I'm currently seeking is what Graphics card and Processor would be a great selection? If you read this far I do appreciate the time you've given this post.

Solution
Given motherboard and your general aim you may as well go for the best available. I would say just go for the i9-9900k but the motherboard would likely require a BIOS update to run one. I don't remember Asus motherboard support flashing a BIOS without a CPU. Best gaming CPU as benchmarks suggest if price isn't a factor, and enough cores and threads to multitask.

And if we're going for absolute best, RTX 2080 ti for the graphics card. If you can afford to, may as well.

Both are best of the best type components with a price premium to match.

One quibble on your purchases. Why not a proper 32GB RAM kit? (Whether 4x8GB or 2x16GB.) It's often mentioned to have a matching RAM kit to avoid potential issues.

And from one last thing. From...
Given motherboard and your general aim you may as well go for the best available. I would say just go for the i9-9900k but the motherboard would likely require a BIOS update to run one. I don't remember Asus motherboard support flashing a BIOS without a CPU. Best gaming CPU as benchmarks suggest if price isn't a factor, and enough cores and threads to multitask.

And if we're going for absolute best, RTX 2080 ti for the graphics card. If you can afford to, may as well.

Both are best of the best type components with a price premium to match.

One quibble on your purchases. Why not a proper 32GB RAM kit? (Whether 4x8GB or 2x16GB.) It's often mentioned to have a matching RAM kit to avoid potential issues.

And from one last thing. From personal experience Blu Ray playback on PC is an absolute mess in case the Blu Ray burner is also used to watch Blu Rays. If just for data storage purposes then that's fine.

That's my two cents worth of opinion anyway.

Solution