[SOLVED] Looking for advice regarding upgrading pc

Sep 19, 2018
xaget.jpg

24v8qhf.jpg

2gydfk3.jpg

2mgp8qg.jpg

These are the specs of my pc i an thinking of buying an 8 gb ram but will it work with 4 gb ram and of it dosent work should i buy 2, 8 gb ram and i am thinking of buying this graphic card should i buy it with RAM if not which 4gb graphic card should i buy
https://nextdaycomponents.co.uk/shop/components/graphics-cards/afox-geforce-gt730-4gb-128bit-ddr3-low-profile-pci-e-graphics-card?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy-urzLXh3gIVgrTtCh2nbQ13EAQYASABEgJw7fD_BwE

Solution
It looks like you have 8gb(2x4gb) right now. If you only have two memory slots and buy one 8gb stick, then you will have 12gb but in single channel mode. This may or may not be a bad idea, depending on what you use the computer for. Do you need 12gb system ram?

On the videocard, don't buy a DDR3 based card, or a DDR4 based card. On that website there's an Asus GT 730 DDR5 but it's out of stock. That would be the least I'd say you consider. There's a Gigabyte GT 1030 DDR5 at £82.55 which is probably what you should get in new cards at low cost. I realize that's more than the card you're looking at but here's the problem. What you're looking at isn't really much better than what you have. If you're going to spend money on a videocard...
It looks like you have 8gb(2x4gb) right now. If you only have two memory slots and buy one 8gb stick, then you will have 12gb but in single channel mode. This may or may not be a bad idea, depending on what you use the computer for. Do you need 12gb system ram?

On the videocard, don't buy a DDR3 based card, or a DDR4 based card. On that website there's an Asus GT 730 DDR5 but it's out of stock. That would be the least I'd say you consider. There's a Gigabyte GT 1030 DDR5 at £82.55 which is probably what you should get in new cards at low cost. I realize that's more than the card you're looking at but here's the problem. What you're looking at isn't really much better than what you have. If you're going to spend money on a videocard then you should at least get something a bit higher in performance. If £60 is your limit, think about getting a used card. A GTX 750 Ti would be a much better choice.0

Solution
You have 8 gig of ram now.
Forget about upgrading it . None of the games you can play with the 710 or 730 need more than 8 gig. most games don't need more than 8gig.
Put all of your upgrade money on a video card.
Get the most video card your upgrade money can buy. You will be glad you did for a lot longer than upgrading to the 730+RAM.