[SOLVED] Looking for advice turning my Lenovo workstation into my first gaming PC

Oct 4, 2019
Hi all!

I'm back looking for some more advice, thank you so much to the people on here who have already given me great advice and led me to learn much more about pcs. @Azzyasi gave me some great advice about some of the things to look out for when trying to upgrade an oem pc into a gaming pc.

These are the specs to my pc: https://www.lenovo.com/hk/en/workst...-series/30AH/p/33TS3TPP30030AH#tab-tech_specs

I had some questions about whether the mobo would have a whitelist for gpus which Azzyasi answered in another post and we're pretty confident that it will not. I'm planning on getting a used Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 with two fans. looking at my MOBO i'm concerned that there might not be enough space for it. Especially with the ethernet pci where it is. What do you all think?
Thank in advance so much for your time!
p.s. i am planning on upgrading my psu as well.

kPWttnv.jpg

2Lj9fAy.jpg

Solution
Ok that makes alot more sense.
I thought this was a very odd layout for a motherboard considering the HDD appeared to be the right side up. LoL
Oct 4, 2019
It should work though this layout leaves the fan facing up drawing in warm air from the upper part of the case...
Why are you using an add-in NIC instead of the onboard? maybe you can remove it?
My bad, thats just the angle that I took the picture from, it's upside down. As far as the add in NIC, thats how I got it. I recently got this on a super good deal from an IT person that cleared out an offices computers and I decided I'd finally make the jump to pc gaming with it. I just took it out, I'll need to wait to see if the onboard ethernet works fine or not until I get my monitor. When I picked it up they plugged it in and the pc works fine. Thanks for the advice popatim!