[SOLVED] Looking for advice...

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
So I am thinking of getting these fans. I am wondering if 1100rpm is enough and if they're compatible. My full system is below:
Ryzen 5 2600X
GTX 1660 ti Palit Storm OC 6GB
Asrock B450M PRO4-f
16gb of 3200ddr4 ram
1tb Harddrive

Solution
You have a Ryzen. It's not an intel. It doesn't respond, work, act like an intel. So everything you've become accustomed to with Intel thinking, you can throw out the window.

Ryzens work best on Balanced power plan. That's direct from AMD, they even got together with Microsoft and created a Ryzen Master Balanced solution, so either that or Balanced is what's needed to be used. Ryzens have their own performance boosting, PBO, so do not need windows to add to that, in fact it interferes with how Ryzens work, especially concerning idle voltages and core usage.

Yes, you can put fans in front. It may require removal of the front facia to do so.

Utilization is pretty useless. It's not how much of the cpu potential is used, it's how much...

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I've had these fans, and they do not move much air at all.. in fact you almost have to be touching the blades to feel any wind from them. but they do move air I suppose as the dust covers I had in old system did get the fans outline from dust, but I wouldn't say they would be any good for actual cooling, more just to move air around, and even that wasn't much , but for the needs of my old PC, they were fine

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's max. My fans run 450-700rpm normally, only ever see max under stress tests. So is max speed and consequently more noise really a consideration?

They have their own rgb controller and remote, so basically they are universal. They are normal 12v fans, so that's not an issue for control there. Rgb and fan are seperate.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
that remote... don't even get me started on that thing.. lol.. let me say , you get what you pay for... do these fans move air, sure, do they do it very well, id say no, but for the price are they suitable, sure as long as cooling isn't what there used for, like I not use these for Rad Fans.. that controller, if your lucky works.. the one I had half the functions did not .. but as I more or less left mine as a solid color it was still ok for my needs. don't expect much more than pretty colors though as the air pressure they create is little at best . and these fans ALWASY run on max.. no way to lower, that said 1100 is silent still ..

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
Oh okay... Could you recommend some cheap fans? Don't have to be RGB but it would be nice. Also, I did the CineBench R20 and my CPU reached 90 degrees before I closed the program. Is this normal? I am using the stock cooler...

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
how are you reading the CPU temps? (which program? ) 90s seems hot, running cinabench on mine I only peak at 57°C.. I use ryzen master and Hwinfo64 to monitor my temps (both say same results) .. as for cheap fans, those are ok for cheap fans, but don't expect too much out of them.. they do move air around so will be ok set up as exhaust and intake, they are quiet even on full, the controller (although mine did have issues) .. wasn't too bad and you do get a lot of cool presets. but like I mentioned there not so great if you want something you can say setup with fan curves to go slower/faster as heat rises. I mean if my fans died and I needed fans and had only a few bucks, id for sure buy them again =) ..

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
I use Core Temp because I think it was mentioned in an article here. When I'm playing a game like Apex Legends it stays around 70-75.So you're saying that these fans are okay?

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
just to keep air moving in a case, ya id say those fans are ok .. and I never used coretemp before, Try Ryzen master or HwInfo64 to see if you get same results, my CPU never peaks over 60°C, and I only use stock cooler with no tweaks to fan. my GPU is much warmer than CPU ever gets. so maybe its a false reading, Id try risen master and run cinabench and see temps there that, cuz 90s does seem hot

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
This is my case. I only realized after getting it that it doesn't have any front fans so will get a new one soon. Could you recommend another case in around the 100Euro range? Thank you

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
for the time being run the PC with side panel off.. Use Ryzen master for temp readings or HwInfo64 and see if that helps CPU temps running cinabench . im sure that case has room for intake fans (looks like it has intake slots on front sides..) so if its air flow issue leaving side off would solve that

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
Oh wow looking at that case setup like that.. wow.. that poor GPU isn't going to get any air.. or very little and Id not be supprised if it doesn't create a heat zone underneath the GPU .. maybe new case will for sure be the way to go, and the one I linked, has RGB fans already so you'll save money that way as well =)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
FAN SUPPORT
Front:
3 x 120mm , 2 x 140mm
Top:
1 x 120mm, 1 x 140mm
Rear:
1 x 120mm

That's what's possible with the H17. It only comes with the rear, so buying a new case isn't going to solve any of that. Most new cases only come with 2-3 fans.

Airflow should be decent, it's set up for it. I'd use 2x140mm in front, 1x140mm at top and the 120mm leave at rear.

I'd suggest higher static pressure fans in front, like noctua NF-A14 or NF-F12 ippc 2000's.

For lighting, use a argb/rgb strip, whatever fits your mobo. You'll get far better lighting than the 2x interior fans provide.

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
Ok, I'll be getting a new case soon. My GPU is that close to the shroud :/ I'm getting about ~~75 degrees while gaming, is that normal? Also, my CPU is running at about 4ghz and most of the websites say that the base clock speed is 3.6? I haven't done any overclocking or anything. Sorry for late reply I was sleeping.

Luke2323

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
Alright, it doesn't look like any fans could fit at the front and if they could there doesn't seem to be much space for them to get enough air?

Edit: Is MSI AfterBurner accurate?

Last edited:

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
by chance are you running windows power at high performance? its odd to see all cores maxed to 4.1ghz with no OC. maybe try using Ryzen Balanced power settings or windows balanced. as for GPU temp of 75 during games, seems about right, most GPU can get to mid 80s or 80 at least before throttling but i still think an easy test for you is to try with case side on, then off to see if it shows significant diffrances

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2