Looking for an alternative

Billie Jean_2

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
I have the Wireless Internet what I would like to know is, is there anyway around plugging a modem into the phone Jack. Is there usbs or modems that don't require hooking the modem or USB modem into a phone Jack. The reason I ask is because I live with my Nan and she has phone jacks but none of them are close enough to a power plug wall point and extension cords are a no no my internet is connected but because of the previously mentioned circumstances it isn't being used. If I use a extension my power conscious nan will keep switching off the switch and she is 77 years old and has no idea of the importance of new age living

Solution
The phone jacks in the house will not be connected to your internet modem, they are there for a phone not ethernet wiring.
What you wrote in the post is a bit confusing, what exactly do you have for service and what hardware is being used? You have internet from the ISP, is it cable? DSL? Sattelite? You have a modem and router or a combo? If it's a cable modem you can move it to any location that has a coax cable from the ISP, unless you have a setup that may have signal issues where they used a booster, then you need it on the line with the booster.
The phone jacks in the house will not be connected to your internet modem, they are there for a phone not ethernet wiring.
What you wrote in the post is a bit confusing, what exactly do you have for service and what hardware is being used? You have internet from the ISP, is it cable? DSL? Sattelite? You have a modem and router or a combo? If it's a cable modem you can move it to any location that has a coax cable from the ISP, unless you have a setup that may have signal issues where they used a booster, then you need it on the line with the booster.

Solution

Billie Jean_2

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017