Question Looking for an ATX motherboard that has at least one PCIe-6 slot

mraroid

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Hello friends....

I looked here:

and here:

But unless I was doing something wrong, when I looked at motherboards, I could not see a pick for motherboards that support PCIe-6 slots. I am looking for a full sized ATX motherboard.

Anyone know of another build site like the above two where I could find some motherboards to consider?

If not, is anyone here using a full sized ATX motherboard that has at least one (if not two) PCIe-6 slots? Maybe a review of some some motherboards that support this speed has been posted some place and someone could refer me?

Many thinks,

mraroid

USAFRet

Titan
If not, is anyone here using a full sized ATX motherboard that has at least one (if not two) PCIe-6 slots? Maybe a review of some some motherboards that support this speed has been posted some place and someone could refer me?
They don't yet exist in the consumer space.

"The PCI-SIG estimates that we won’t see PCIe 6.0 gear hit the market until 12 to 18 months from the publication of the new standard. PCIe 6.0 was announced on January 11, 2022, so at the earliest, we’re looking at PCIe 6.0 products rolling out at the end of 2022 or early 2023.

That’s the best case scenario. More likely we’re looking at mid- to late-2023 for early examples of PCIe 6.0, which in all likelihood won’t be aimed at consumers."

Reactions: mraroid

mraroid

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
They don't yet exist in the consumer space.

"The PCI-SIG estimates that we won’t see PCIe 6.0 gear hit the market until 12 to 18 months from the publication of the new standard. PCIe 6.0 was announced on January 11, 2022, so at the earliest, we’re looking at PCIe 6.0 products rolling out at the end of 2022 or early 2023.

That’s the best case scenario. More likely we’re looking at mid- to late-2023 for early examples of PCIe 6.0, which in all likelihood won’t be aimed at consumers."
Thank you USAF Ret..... Do you know where I could find a list of full sized ATX motherboards with at least one PCIe-5.0 X1 6 slot? The two places I used to build desktop computers seem to not list what kin of PCIe slot they support (unless I was not reading them correctluy). Or maybe PCIe-5.0 X 16 slots have been out long enought so that some reviews are posted someplace (maybe here?).

Thanks again for helping me out.

mraroid

TRENDING THREADS