Question Looking for an In-Between File Explorer

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
I searched high and low and cannot find a free File Explorer in between the lame (and seems to get worse with each iteration) Windows File Explorer and the more advanced Double Commander file explorer.
I just spent a bizarre amount of time looking for the magic keystroke or mouseclick that will allow me to make a New Folder in a directory in Double Commander. Don't get me wrong; I use Double Commander 99% of the time. But I only use 1% of its power. The rest I don't care about. It just gets in the way. Maybe I may need a feature in the future and it will be nice to have,but all the features get in the way and crowd out the core basics of what a file manger should be-rename files,copy files,delete files (that one is "advanced" in DC-it puts "deleted" files in a holding pen. I can't just select files and permanently delete and go on with life),and my reason for asking this question...
Make New Folder!!!
I just spent more time then I am willing to admit trying to decipher how to make a new folder in DC. I said screw it and just used Windows crappy File Explorer to right-click/New/Folder.

Oh,BTW ChatGPT was as useless as Google. But at least I didn't have to spend even more time reading Google's search results. I just promptly gave me the wrong answer.

Ummm, sorry if this sounds sour. Its been a long road and I finally gave up and just right-clicked/New/Folder in File Explorer and I hate to admit defeat.

So does anyone know of a free open source File Explorer replacement that doesn't obscure or complicate the basics of file management?

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
Google and the New Google did not tell me this...

"press F7 key on keyboard to make new folder in double commander"

Apparently you are above and beyond our present day technologies!
hehe. Thanks!

I just spent more time then I am willing to admit trying to decipher how to make a new folder in DC. I said screw it and just used Windows crappy File Explorer to right-click/New/Folder.
Menus man, menus.
It also has left click->new->folder, just like windows.
Going to configuration->options->keys->hotkeys gives you a list of all commands you can do with a key or keycombo.

JAG1TmW.jpg