[SOLVED] Looking for an ROG swift, is it worth going for 2nd hand monitor to save some money?

chrisward371

Honorable
Sep 25, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a ROG swift G sync monitor. Obviously they're quite expensive but I can't really seem to find any other 2k g sync monitors for any cheaper. On ebay there is quite a few 'like new' swift monitors for sale that are about £200 cheaper.

I guess my question is, is it worth going brand new with monitors or is getting a 2nd hand one in decent condition a good idea?

Any advice would be much appreciated,
Thanks,

chrisward371

Honorable
Sep 25, 2017
PG279Q is older. It was top of the line at the time, so there was a price premium attached.

Check out its younger brother the TUF VG27AQ.

Similar caliber but alot cheaper.
So I took your advice, It's arrived today. It was one I was looking at anyway but wasn't sure about freesync. Im liking the monitor but it has pretty bad backlight bleed or IPS glow, whatever it's called, in the bottom left corner

View: https://imgur.com/a/uH7Gg0a

Not sure it that link works, I don't use imgur a lot.
Is it worth RMAing for that or is it just a case of putting up with it. I know IPS screens are notorious for it but seems particularly bad compared to the other corners.

Last edited:

chrisward371

Honorable
Sep 25, 2017
yeah I saw some pretty bad examples of the backlight bleed on the pg279q monitors. It doesn't bother me really. I don't really want to play the panel lottery game so I think I'll keep it. Thanks for the help.