[SOLVED] Looking for an unusual piece of sound software

Feb 13, 2020
I have an alarm screaming on my PC and coming through my speakers. It's an overtemp alarm but its NOT MOBO and NOT CPU. The very kind and helpful folks here have tried and tried but have not been able to figure out. I did find a very old and very very obscure reference that matches my issue and identifies it as a FALSE temperature reading coming out of my PSU.

However, neither that reference nor anyone else talks about how to TTSO. So I'm done and would like to go around the problem, and thus this post.

Is there a piece of software that can slide in an identify all the sources of sound being sent out the soundcard list them and control them? So, for example, it would me the screaming alarm source and the browser that has netflix open and let me turn off screaming alarm source but not the browser?

Feb 13, 2020
Popatim: thanks for that. Interestingly, there are two sounds. The "rwarwarawa" and the "beep beep beep". The "beep" comes from "system notifications". The "rwa" comes from this thing that has a symbol I don't recognize and no name I can see either in system tray "hover over" or in Task Manager. I can shut it off with a right click and exit.

I'm guessing next step is to methodically eliminate stuff from start up until the "rawrawraw" goes away. The "beep beep beep" though...?

Feb 13, 2020